A fishing holiday in Scotland is the ideal relaxing activity for novice and seasoned fishermen alike and with some of the finest trout lochs and salmon beats close to our CLC Duchally Country Estate, an angler’s dream comes true.
CLC Duchally Country Estate can assist you in obtaining permits in advance for fishing in Scotland, as well as access to private waters, arranging ghillies and preparing all your fishing tackle before you arrive.
For novice fishermen there are a number of clubs with well stocked ponds where you can learn all about the fun involved with fishing in Scotland and for the more experienced angler fishing trips can be arranged easily.
In the Ochil hills on the nearby Gleneagles Estate, the Frandy Fishery focuses on fly fishing for quality rainbow, brown and blue trout in their upland reservoir set amid stunning scenery. The reservoir is stocked on a weekly basis and includes a policy that ensures that there are more fish being introduced than are fished out throughout the season.
Orchill Loch provides a picturesque and tranquil environment for a perfect Scottish fishing experience. Not uncommon to catch fish in the 3lb – 8lb range the loch is stocked twice weekly with hard fighting rainbow trout and family groups are welcome. The loch is considered to be one of the best small waters in central Scotland and attracts many fishermen from far and wide.
There are many more rivers, lakes and lochs in the area surrounding CLC Duchally Country Estate providing the chance to fish for salmon, trout and grayling. Enquire at reception for more fantastic fishing opportunities in Scotland or give them a call in advance to discuss your requirements.
Tel: +44 (0)1764 663 071.
Rivers and lakes map
- 1. Loch Leven, Kinross, Perthshire, Scotland, UK
- 2. Butterstone Loch Fishings, Butterstone, Nr. Dunkeld, Perthshire, PH8 0HH
- 3. Tayside Marine Services, Arbroath, Angus, DD11 BL
- 4. Lairds Loch, Dundee, Scotland, UK
- 5. River Tay (coarse), Perthshire, Scotland, UK
- 6. Angler’s Choice, Lochee, Dundee, DD2 9RL
- 7. River Earn, Perthshire, Scotland, UK
- 8. River Lyon, Perthshire, Scotland, UK
- 9. River Tilt, Blair Atholl, Perthshire, Scotland, UK
- 10. PD Malloch, Perth, Scotland, UK
For further information about any of the above, please contact us.